RAM-5000 / SNAP
- Q: Can I get a custom frequency range for my gated amplifier?
Yes. Many times we can simply make small adjustments to an amplifier to shift its optimal frequency range. For example, a 5 kW HF (0.25 – 7MHz) amplifier can be modified such that it achieves 5 kW at 10 MHz.
For LF 5 kW amplifiers, the general rule of thumb is that the full power can be achieved over one decade of frequency; for example, a LF amplifier can be modified such that it achieves full power over a frequency range of 30 – 300 kHz instead of the standard 50 – 500 kHz. Please contact us for more details.
- Q: Can your standard line products be modified to meet my specific needs?
Yes, Ritec will consider modifying most of our products to match the needs of our customers. In most cases this includes modifying receiver filters and output transformers, but we have also modified logic circuitry and even case layouts.
- Q: Do you have any amplifier products for the RAM-SNAP system at higher frequencies?
We have made RAM-SNAP systems with amplifiers extending into the VHF and UHF frequency bands. Recent projects include a RAM-5000 system capable of generating 100 W RF tone burst pulses in the 500 – 800 MHz frequency band. We also have modules for the RAM-5000 system that cover the frequency ranges of 5 – 80 MHz and 20 – 150 MHz. Please contact us for more details.
- Q: Do you recommend any transducers to go with your products?
Transducer choice is dictated by the application or desired measurement. If you can provide us with some information about your application, then we can suggest several vendors that we have used in the past to help you.
- Q: Does Ritec make EMATs or transducers?
No; while Ritec does not manufacture transducers, we have relationships with several companies that do. You can either buy them through Ritec or we would be happy to provide you with contact information so you can purchase them directly. For many projects we have worked in conjunction with both the transducer manufacturer and the end customer to ensure that the equipment was matched to the application.
- Q: Does the RAM-5000 control program run under Windows?
The RAM-5000 software can run using Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Window 8. The software will run using either a 32 bit or a 64 bit operating system.
- Q: I have an older RAM-5000 system and have lost the original software disk. How can I get replacement software?
You can request a replacement disk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: I looked at Ritec products and did not find the exact equipment needed for my application; do you make custom equipment?
Yes, we can make custom instruments for your particular application or modify one of our existing products to meet your needs. Feel free to call or email us your requirements.
- Q: I need a gated amplifier that works outside of the standard frequency ranges- is this possible?
Usually yes. The output power of a Ritec gated amplifier does not decrease abruptly with increasing frequency, and in many cases you can get useable power well above the upper limit of the specified frequency range. For example, for a 5 kW HF amplifier in the RAM-5000 system, it is not unusual to get over 2 kW (about 316 Vrms into a 50 Ω load, or a 450 V peak sinusoid) at 15 MHz.
The quality of the output signal of the gated amplifiers tends to deteriorate rapidly as you go below the lower limit of the specified frequency band. For example, for a 5 kW LF amplifier in the RAM system, the bottom end is 50 kHz, and going much below 45 kHz results in significant waveform distortion
- Q: I would like to obtain Labview drivers for the RAM-5000 system. Do you provide them?
Labview drivers can be found in the Ritec advanced software package. Please refer to your manual for details.
- Q: Is the frequency range listed for your gated amplifiers the only frequencies that they can be used at?
No, Most of Ritec equipment specifies the optimal frequency range. Most Ritec unit can be used higher or lower in frequency but at reduced power levels.
For example: A RAM-5000, 5 kW HF gated amplifier has a specified frequency range of 250 kHz to 7 MHz. However, this unit will typically produce greater than 3kW at 10MHz, greater than 2kW at 15MHz and greater than 700W at 20MHz.
- Q: Is there a volume discount?
Yes; Ritec will offer a volume discount. The price break depends upon the items being purchased; please contact Ritec for details.
- Q: What are the standard frequency ranges available for RAM-5000 gated amplifiers?
There are two standard frequency ranges for amplifiers in the RAM-5000 system; low frequency (LF) and high frequency (HF). The LF frequency range is 50 kHz – 500 kHz, and the HF range is 250 kHz to 7 MHz
- Q: What are the voltage requirements of Ritec units?
All of our mainframe units can accept 100 to 120VAC, 220 to 240 V single phase AC. Our peripheral units are powered using various DC power supplies that can be provided from most of our mainframe units.
- Q: What are your payment terms?
Domestic orders are typically Net 30 days with approved credit or Prepay. International orders not placed through an authorized Ritec representative are typically Letter of Credit or Prepay. Ritec also accepts Visa, Master Card and Discover.
- Q: What is the duration of your warranty?
All Ritec instruments, peripherals, and accessories have a one year warranty. (Link to Warranty)