- Q: Can I get a custom frequency range for my gated amplifier?
Yes. Many times we can simply make small adjustments to an amplifier to shift its optimal frequency range. For example, a 5 kW HF (0.25 – 7MHz) amplifier can be modified such that it achieves 5 kW at 10 MHz.
For LF 5 kW amplifiers, the general rule of thumb is that the full power can be achieved over one decade of frequency; for example, a LF amplifier can be modified such that it achieves full power over a frequency range of 30 – 300 kHz instead of the standard 50 – 500 kHz. Please contact us for more details.
- Q: Can your standard line products be modified to meet my specific needs?
Yes, Ritec will consider modifying most of our products to match the needs of our customers. In most cases this includes modifying receiver filters and output transformers, but we have also modified logic circuitry and even case layouts.
- Q: Do you recommend any transducers to go with your products?
Transducer choice is dictated by the application or desired measurement. If you can provide us with some information about your application, then we can suggest several vendors that we have used in the past to help you.
- Q: Does Ritec make EMATs or transducers?
No; while Ritec does not manufacture transducers, we have relationships with several companies that do. You can either buy them through Ritec or we would be happy to provide you with contact information so you can purchase them directly. For many projects we have worked in conjunction with both the transducer manufacturer and the end customer to ensure that the equipment was matched to the application.
- Q: When I use the GA-2500A at very low amplitudes, I notice a small spike or glitch on the front of my pulse and at the end of my pulse. What can I do to remove or reduce these glitches?
The glitches you are seeing are the turning on and turning off of the high voltage section of the unit. In normal use these glitches can not be seen but when operating a very low amplitudes these glitches can be more predominant compared to your output signal. I find the best way to reduce these glitches is to turn the amplitude control up and reduce the signal to your desired amplitude using an attenuator. For instance if you would like a 100 volt pulse and you have a 5 volt glitch. Turn the amplitude to 1000 volts and use a 20dB attenuator. Your output is now at 100 volts but now the glitches have also reduced by 20dB to 0.5 volts. This phenomena is not seen in Ritec's more advanced instrumentation.
- Q: I looked at Ritec products and did not find the exact equipment needed for my application; do you make custom equipment?
Yes, we can make custom instruments for your particular application or modify one of our existing products to meet your needs. Feel free to call or email us your requirements.
- Q: Is the frequency range listed for your gated amplifiers the only frequencies that they can be used at?
No, Most of Ritec equipment specifies the optimal frequency range. Most Ritec unit can be used higher or lower in frequency but at reduced power levels.
For example: A RAM-5000, 5 kW HF gated amplifier has a specified frequency range of 250 kHz to 7 MHz. However, this unit will typically produce greater than 3kW at 10MHz, greater than 2kW at 15MHz and greater than 700W at 20MHz.
- Q: Is there a volume discount?
Yes; Ritec will offer a volume discount. The price break depends upon the items being purchased; please contact Ritec for details.
- Q: I have a unit that has one power connector to power my peripheral accessory. How can I use more then one accessory at a time?
All our peripherals are equipped with two power connectors, one male and one female, to allow you to chain them together and power more then one peripheral at a time.
- Q: What are the voltage requirements of Ritec units?
All of our mainframe units can accept 100 to 120VAC, 220 to 240 V single phase AC. Our peripheral units are powered using various DC power supplies that can be provided from most of our mainframe units.
- Q: What are your payment terms?
Domestic orders are typically Net 30 days with approved credit or Prepay. International orders not placed through an authorized Ritec representative are typically Letter of Credit or Prepay. Ritec also accepts Visa, Master Card and Discover.
- Q: What is the duration of your warranty?
All Ritec instruments, peripherals, and accessories have a one year warranty. (Link to Warranty)